London (15th December 2008) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that the forthcoming Games for Windows® version of THE LAST REMNANT™ will be released across all PAL territories in Spring 2009.
From the makers of the FINAL FANTASY® series comes a brand new epic adventure. THE LAST REMNANT is a completely original adventure title, benefiting from the finest creative talent to build a lush, real-time fantasy world. The game’s battle system has been carefully crafted to deliver a brand-new experience for gamers, as they control forces in massive cinematic battles.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “THE LAST REMNANT represents a significant step in bringing our titles to a global audience and to all fans regardless of the platforms that they own. Following the Xbox 360® release, we hope to reach a new audience with the Games for Windows version of THE LAST REMNANT and I hope that fans enjoy this exciting new adventure.”
For more information about THE LAST REMNANT please visit the official website at www.lastremnant-game.com
About THE LAST REMNANT
In ancient times, mysterious artefacts referred to as Remnants were discovered all over the world. Offering incredible power, they soon came into the hands of the covetous few, and thus was the world’s delicate equilibrium shattered. The people were divided into those who ruled and those who were ruled over. War was inevitable. Our story begins a thousand years later…
Rush lives with his sister Irina on the secluded Eulam Island, a place far removed from the ceaseless battle for control over the Remnants which rages on the mainland. However, his peaceful life is shattered one day when he witnesses his sister’s abduction by a mysterious group of soldiers. He immediately sets off after them, ill-prepared for the evils of the outside world but determined to find his sister at any cost.
• A cutting-edge new adventure from Square Enix and the creators of the FINAL FANTASY series
• Innovative new battle system that allows for large scale battles delivered with an unrivalled cinematic intensity
• Selective Encounter System allows you to engage the enemy your way, eliminating random battles
• Unreal® Engine 3 takes Square Enix’s legendary production values to the next level
• Fully localised for PAL territories with French, German, Spanish and Italian subtitles and menu screens
• New features not included in the original Xbox 360 release version