London (10th December 2008) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that Atlus’s Persona™ 4 will be released across PAL territories in Spring 2009, exclusively on the Sony PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.
Persona 4 is a gripping new chapter in the ultra-cool Persona universe. Integrating dungeon crawler gameplay with an innovative social simulation element, Persona 4 delivers an all-new story set in the Japanese countryside. A sequence of mysterious deaths hits your town and only you and your team of gifted supernatural detectives can uncover the truth. Will you frustrate this hidden evil’s plans before it is too late?
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “Persona 4 epitomises Square Enix’s commitment to bringing the best gaming experiences to the European market. This new instalment in the highly anticipated Persona series is the perfect example of an exciting new experience and how the PlayStation 2 still has a lot to offer.”
About Persona 4
In the small town of Inaba, nestled in the Japanese countryside, a young man settles in with his uncle and cousin. Sudden circumstances have forced the arrangement, but it is for the most part an agreeable place to live, if a little boring. Everything changes when a shocking and mysterious killing leaves a town aghast and searching for answers. As all signs point to involvement of a twisted serial murderer, a young hero and his friends will discover hidden powers and use them to save innocents from certain death. Together, they must find the trail of the unknown attacker… Before they strike again!
• Balance your double life: Beyond exploring dungeons, engaging in intense battles, combining Personas to make new ones, and creating new weapons exists a normal high school life of making friends and taking part in classes and part-time jobs. The way you manage and integrate your activities within each day will determine your progress through the game.
• Remember, you are mortal: Every day is irrevocable, each decision impacts on your fate – from who you hang out with, to when you decide to enter a dungeon and how far in you choose you go. Plan your progress around the various events of each day and even the weather forecast!
• Unprecedented team control: With an emphasis on developing bonds in the goal to solve the mysterious murders, strong friendships are key to your success. Directly control teammates in battle, earn greater party support for combat, and master individual Social Links to unlock your friends’ true potential.
• Find the true ending: 60+ hours of gameplay thrust you into a deep mystery where midnight television leads to serial killings. You must investigate murders, rescue those who can be rescued, and unmask the culprit behind it all – or risk being forever shrouded in the fog of doubt.
• Super-cool art and sound style: taking inspiration from Japanese art, manga and pop culture, the world of Persona is presented to the player in a unique and fashionable way.
• Fully optimised PAL version: allows for the full experience intended by the game creators, even for owners of 50Hz television sets.
Latest posts by John McMeiken (see all)
- RISE OF THE HUTT CARTEL, THE FIRST DIGITAL EXPANSION FOR STAR WARSTM: THE OLD REPUBLICTM (PC) - December 19, 2012
- trailer video for Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter campaign (PC) - December 19, 2012
- Love Family Guy?…Love Games?…..check this out! - November 20, 2012