Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces the release date for FINAL FANTASY® FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon®, featuring a loveable cast of Chocobo and his friends, has been postponed by one week and will now be available across Europe and PAL territories on November 7th 2008, exclusively on the Nintendo Wii™.
Veteran character designer Toshiyuki Itahana delivers a uniquely compelling visual world in which a cast of beloved FINAL FANTASY characters lead players through an immersive storyline. With a carefully crafted narrative and a grand mystery to unravel, FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon will captivate gamers of all ages.
Players of all ages and skill levels will appreciate everything FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon has to offer, from the intuitive Wii controls and adorable characters, to the intricate story and versatile job system. Throughout the game Chocobo will take on famous job classes from the FINAL FANTASY franchise such as black mage, knight, and scholar. Players can unlock more jobs as they progress through the game. The ever-changing dungeons and unexpected twists and turns offer hours of engrossing gameplay, as players explore the newest adventure in one of the world’s most popular RPG franchises.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “Chocobo has been a firm favourite with FINAL FANTASY fans for years, and players will be able to see him take centre stage and come to life in his very own adventure. FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon will appeal to fans of the FINAL FANTASY series along with younger Nintendo Wii owners looking for an engrossing adventure.”
For more information about FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon, please visit the official website at www.chocobogame.com
Chocobo and Cid, FINAL FANTASY mainstays-turned-treasure hunters, are magically transported to a mysterious town whose people’s memories are lost with each bell toll of the clock tower. One day, a strange boy named Raffaello arrives and creates dungeons of memories to help the townspeople remember who they are. Now it’s up to Chocobo to journey through the dungeons and retrieve everyone’s memories!
FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon features
• A charming, vibrant game world coupled with an engaging storyline and challenging turn-based battles to create a fun and entertaining RPG environment suitable for all
• A compelling gaming experience utilizing a variety of classic FINAL FANTASY job classes such as the knight, black mage and white mage to aid Chocobo in his fight against evil
• Character designer Toshiyuki Itahana, from the FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES® series and FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo Tales®, lends his trademark art style
• Duel against friends via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in addictive card battles featuring popular FINAL FANTASY creatures in a unique 3D pop-up book style
• Collect hidden letters throughout the adventure and form special phrases to unlock secret dungeons and job classes
• The signature Mog House offers arcade-style mini-games that can be played with intuitive Wii Remote controls