Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that FINAL FANTASY® III will be released on 4th May 2007 exclusively on Nintendo DS?.
Originally available only in Japan for the Famicom (known in Europe as the Nintendo Entertainment System®), FINAL FANTASY III is considered the sole missing title in the world-renowned series in the Western world. Now, 17 years after its Japanese debut, European fans will be able to savour the legendary adventure for the first time.
John Yamamoto, President and CEO of Square Enix Ltd. comments, ?The arrival of FINAL FANTASY III on Nintendo DS showcases the power of the hardware and proves that no compromise has to be made in order to create an adventure of this magnitude for a handheld system. With over 1.4 million copies already shipped in Japan and North America, we are sure that FINAL FANTASY III will be a big success in Europe too.?
Hiromichi Tanaka, Director and Executive Producer of FINAL FANTASY III comments, ?FINAL FANTASY III has been made anew on the Nintendo DS platform, including new graphics in 3D, rebalanced jobs, and brand new characterisation for the four young heroes. We hope that not only FINAL FANTASY fans, but a wide variety of players in Europe, enjoy the new FINAL FANTASY III.?
With an innovative interface that capitalizes on the Nintendo DS capabilities, players can now experience the title that introduced the popular moogles, summons and the dynamic job system to the FINAL FANTASY series.
About FINAL FANTASY III
Protected by the crystals of light, the once peaceful land has forever been changed by the great tremor. Without warning, the earthquake pulled the crystals into the earth, upsetting the world’s fragile balance. It seems as if all hope is lost ? but as the Gulgan prophecy foretold, four souls blessed with the light shall once again restore balance to the world.
Near the small village of Ur, fate guides Luneth to a sentient crystal that changes his life forever. As the light of the crystal fades, Luneth embarks on a journey to seek three others who share his destiny to search for the remaining crystals, and fight the battle of light and darkness.
* The missing link in the evolution of FINAL FANTASY is unveiled ? experience a tale untold
* A dynamic job-changing system allows for more than 279,000 party variations
* The Touch Screen interface seamlessly utilizes DS capabilities ? explore dungeons, dispatch foes and cast spells using the Nintendo DS stylus
* A complete visual overhaul breathes new life into a classic with colourful 3D graphics
* Take advantage of both DS Wireless Communications and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to access the Mognet and communicate with other players as well as NPCs and uncover hidden dungeons, quests and items
* Character designer Akihiko Yoshida of the award-winning and critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XII lends his talents by designing the four main characters