September 4 2014 – Wroclaw, Poland – Looney Bin Studios Ltd have launched their Kickstarter campaign, for Six Miles Under.
In Six Miles Under you play as Preston Trencher, an enforcer trying clear his name and avoiding being taken out thanks to the bounty on his head. Time’s running out and with false friends and sloppy killers, there’s only one avenue left to take; good old fashioned revenge.
Six Miles Under is set in a dark, dank but enigmatic environment, one that’s been ravaged by an unforeseen nuclear apocalypse, forcing all remaining humans to live deep, deep underground. Presenting a slick 2D combat system and diverse counter system, players can use enemies’ weapons against them, bury them under a barrage of rocks or even just simply throw them off of a moving train. The dynamic fight system allows players to keep the action going, keeping the game’s hero alive for his journey whilst exploring an underground prison that’s turned into a city and last bastion of hope for humanity.
- Dynamic combat system with multitude of enemies and unique boss fights.
- Diverse counter system. Each enemy is countered differently and with different results.
- Avoid environmental hazards and utilize them to dispatch your enemies.
- Atmospheric art style with HD backgrounds
- Extensive soundtrack with lots of metal music
- Story of betrayal and revenge set in underground prison turned city.
Set to release on PC, Mac and Linux in May 2015 and Nintendo WiiU soon after.
About Looney Bin Studios
Based in Wroclaw, Poland and aim to develop playable, original and – most importantly – fun games! The core team consists of just two people – Mateusz Pacuszko (programming) and Grzegorz Wróblewski (graphics) with music and scriptwriting by freelance talent.