Today, Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) and Ubisoft® announced the Hasbro Game Channel, a destination for family game entertainment on leading consoles featuring games based on Hasbro’s most popular brands including MONOPOLY, RISK and TRIVIAL PURSUIT. Starting in Autumn 2014 the Hasbro Game Channel will be featured on Xbox Live for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation Network for Sony PlayStation 4 computer and entertainment system. All the games will also be available to download individually on Xbox Live for Xbox 360 and PlayStation Network for Sony PlayStation 3.
“We have worked closely with Ubisoft on the development of the Hasbro Game Channel which will bring family and friends together for a fun and social gaming experience with their favorite brands,” said Mark Blecher, senior vice president of digital gaming and corporate development for Hasbro. “The new console games will allow players to connect and play with others, not just in their living rooms, but around the world.”
“With the Hasbro Game Channel, we want to capture all of the excitement and fun of Hasbro’s most popular games and bring new ways to play them. The new console experience will offer a brand new ecosystem with various missions, achievements and rewards”, added Thomas Painçon, EMEA Digital Publishing Director at Ubisoft.
The first three brands available on the Hasbro Game Channel will be MONOPOLY, RISK and TRIVIAL PURSUIT, and will offer players a brand new way to experience these classic brands.
- MONOPOLY Plus: MONOPOLY Plus brings the world’s favourite family gaming brand to a new level with the original 2D MONOPOLY board as well as colourful and lively animated 3D version that evolves as you progress in the game. MONOPOLY Plus lets player choose their favourite ‘House Rules’ to customise gameplay. Up to six players will be able to enjoy MONOPOLY Plus online or offline.
- RISK: Strategy fans will venture into stimulating modern warfare combat with RISK. Keeping the authenticity of the 2010 rules as the standard, RISK offers a new strategic experience with a familiar map layout optimised with modern armies, 3D tactical battlefields configurable win conditions and rule variants. Online league play will allow player to compete with people from around the world.
- TRIVIAL PURSUIT Live!: Trivia fans can test their wits in this new take on the world’s most well-known trivia game. TRIVIAL PURSUIT Live! transforms the classic experience into a TV show setting with reinvented question formats, customisable game lengths and a variety of game rounds and rules to keep players guessing.
Hasbro Game Channel and all three introductory titles will be available to download worldwide in Autumn 2014.
For more information, please visit:www.hasbrogamechannel.ubi.com
Latest posts by Andrzej Marczewski (see all)
- What to Consider If You Want to Be A Professional Gamer - February 10, 2020
- With The Next Gen of Consoles – Do games like FIFA need to evolve? - February 3, 2020
- The Rise and Future of Fitness Games - February 3, 2020