Eurogamer Expo 2013 was a great experience this year, one I will write more about over the week. However, one game that really made me chuckle was FranknJohn. This is an indie game from bitSmith Games, described as a self decapitating roguelike. I had a chance to be shown the game by game designer Owen Harris. I just wanted to share a little bit from their press pack as I feel it is a game that deserves mention!
FranknJohn is a Roguelike Action Game that will make you lose your head. Literally. Launch your head as a weapon and experiment with unique Skullcaps to overcome deadly challenges.
You play as FranknJohn, a failed experiment on a journey to uncover the truth of his existence.
Awakening in the basement furnace of Dr.Harmins crazy manor, you must battle your way up through his deranged fun-house filled with unspeakable horrors.
- Unique Gameplay – Launch FranknJohns head as a weapon or smash it through walls to access secret areas
- Dynamic Combat – Change Skullcaps to alter FranknJohns attacks and attach Patches to modify stats
- Random Generation – Levels are randomly-generated with tonnes of collectables and secrets to find and unlock
- Co-Op – Bring a friend along for the ride, two heads are better than one!
- 3D Verticality – The perspective reveals rooms in the distance and deep below, enticing players to explore
- Player Choice – Choosing to save or kill bosses will change the games outcome
If this sounds interesting, head over to bitsmithgames.com/Games/franknjohn/
Latest posts by Andrzej Marczewski (see all)
- What to Consider If You Want to Be A Professional Gamer - February 10, 2020
- With The Next Gen of Consoles – Do games like FIFA need to evolve? - February 3, 2020
- The Rise and Future of Fitness Games - February 3, 2020