Nordic Games is excited to announce that the 5th instalment of Painkiller Hell & Damnation DLC, Heaven’s Above, is now available to download from Steam.
Heaven’s Above takes players out of the first-person shooter perspective and presents itself as a top-down shooter for the first time in any Painkiller game. With this never before seen viewpoint, players will be able to take in even more of the run and gun action as they take control of the battlefield from above.
Included in the DLC pack is 5 campaign maps; Graveyard, Town, Babel, Angkor, and Pentagon which can be played in both single player and co-op mode. Players will encounter bigger and badder boss fights that can be won using any of the original Painkiller Hell & Damnation weapons plus the throwable mine!
“We’ve made a commitment to release several DLCs throughout this year to ensure that we provide players with the best Painkiller experience possible,” said Reinhard Pollice, Business & Product Development Director at Nordic Games. “It started as an internal idea, then we prototyped Painkiller with top-down gameplay and it looked promising so we were eager to further explore the idea which ultimately led to this DLC. We know that this has the potential to be something bigger but at the moment we’re looking forward to
offering this rare experience to our community and are excited to see their reaction.”
The full features list includes:
- Control the battlefield from above
- 5 campaign maps (playable in single player and co-op mode): Graveyard, Town, Babel, Angkor, Pentagon
- Encounter one of the hardest big guys in Purgatory: The Stone Golem aka Oriental Demon
- New power-ups and environmental weapons (including howitzer gun, fire traps, electro shockers and squeezers)
- New Steam achievements
- All weapons from the original PKHD plus throwable mines
Painkiller Hell & Damnation will be released for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system from Sony on June 28th. Painkiller takes players on a demonic ride through. The campaign features an all-action crusade that can be played in single player mode, co-operative mode across four chapters, and several multiplayer-modes. A vast array of demons and fiends will be encountered along the way.
You can download Heaven’s Above with a release discount of 25% (June 20-27th) from Steam for £6.74 (regular price £8.99): store.steampowered.com/app/229270/
Latest posts by Sam P (see all)
- Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea Review - December 8, 2013
- Batman: Arkham Origins Online Component Confirmed - August 1, 2013
- Visit Zombie Studios at Gamescom 2013 to see Blacklight: Retribution on Playstation 4! - July 30, 2013