UK: With an incredible, eye popping visual styling, Shelter by Survivalist Games is availableNOW!
After heroically fighting off an incredibly tenacious bug in the underlying engine code, Survivalist Games has re-released Shelter onto the Apple App Store, Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore. Shelter was removed from the market for a fortnight when the problem was first raised. In that time, a team of volunteers helped track down the bug and provided feedback resulting in a more stable, better featured game for everyone.
Shelter is a collectible card duelling game, set in a zombie graphic novel style. Playing like a hybrid of a collectible card game and the castle defence genre,Shelter offers players countless hours of addictive and challenging game-play.
Think you have what it takes to defend yourself from the zombie onslaught? Fight to be reunited with the woman you love by defining your strategy, but be warned…
…You will NEED to adapt to survive.
The inspiration for Shelter comes from the desire to combine the complex, rich and engaging gaming mechanics of collectible card duelling games with the simple accessible game-play of the castle defence genre.
● Deep but accessible game-play. Easy to learn. Hard to master.
● More than 100 game cards.
● Integrated deck builder for deeply customisable play.
● Graphic novel & comic inspired hand drawn artwork.
● Compelling story and characters.
● 5 Campaign levels including a free roaming level (with more to come).
Shelter is an asymmetric single-player card game where you build a deck of duelling cards and take them into battle against a zombie deck that “plays itself”. The zombie deck is not controlled by a hideously complex AI, but plays based on a simple set of rules with dice rolls to add the element of chance. You must fight off the waves of zombies before they smash your shelter’s barricades and start munching on your brains.
You choose your survival strategy when you build your deck. Do you pack as many guns into your deck as you can? Do you use traps and reinforce your defences? Do you stun stronger zombies and pick off the weak ones? You have the freedom to play as you want.
As you win duels, you will be rewarded with new cards to work into your deck and streamline your play style. You will also meet allies throughout the campaign who you take into battle with you. Each ally brings 5 themed cards to the table that allow you to experience different styles of play.
About Survivalist Games
Survivalist Games is a 1-man indie games developer based in Preston, UK which was founded in 2012 by games industry veteran Chris Roberts. The Survivalist Games mission is to create games with the depth and quality not normally associated with other micro-development studios.
Chris worked for more than 4 years as an artist and environment lead on core games titles including The Outsider and Kinect: Disneyland Adventures, and is also a skilled programmer and designer.
* Clarification – Shelter has reached number 1 in the paid card & board games category on Windows Phone in 10 countries, and has reached the top ten for 36 countries.
Latest posts by Andrzej Marczewski (see all)
- The Pentatonic Scale – Easy, Versatile and a great first step into musical theory - June 11, 2018
- Fender Telecaster Standard Noir Redline Demo And Review - May 22, 2018
- Harley Benton PB-20 BK Bass Demo And Review - May 14, 2018