London, 25 October: the highly anticipated, Merlin: The Game, is now available to play in open beta. With no big downloads and no install necessary, access to Facebook’s newest and most exciting social game is just a click away. This fun and beautifully crafted game introduces more casual gamers to a real-time, co-operative, role-playing experience, on the world’s most popular social network.
Award winning Bossa Studios plan to change your perception, again, of what a social game can offer:
- Merlin allows you and six of your best friends to fight off hordes of monsters, complete quests and explore new exciting areas.
- As you battle across Camelot gain experience points, level up and customise your character with the skills you want to use.
- Progressing through the game allows you to upgrade your equipment from the basic clothing of the medieval age to shimmering suits of armour, or colourful sorcerer’s robes.
- Striking and exciting visuals allow you to dive into the world of Merlin and explore the world of Camelot beautifully rendered in a new stylised environment
- Be part of the story in the action adventure game that will always have new content for you to explore.
Bossa Studios have had a blast developing Merlin: The Game and here are few highlights from the process:
- The most redesigned part of the game was Merlin’s ears.
- The name ‘Leo’ (one of our developers) has appeared in the game in 52 different places during development. 8 of which are currently still in the live game.
- The lyrics for The Knights of the Round Table from Monty Python and the Holy Grail were used as placeholder text during alpha stage.
- The very first design decision on maximum size of maps was 10×10. Now we have some buildings in the hub bigger than 10×10.
- During the making of Merlin the team consumed enough pizza to cover a tennis court.
To play Merlin: The Game, please visit the official website: merlingame.com/