Those who have been waiting for an excuse to get their legwarmers out and stick on their clip-on earrings, the time is finally here – We Sing 80s is out now.
The immensely successful singing series, available exclusively on the Wii, features 30 tracks from everyone’s favourite 80s stars including Duran Duran, Cyndi Lauper, Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Simple Minds. The We Sing 80s Out Now trailer can be viewedhere.
We Sing remains true to its roots and offers something that everyone can enjoy, whether it be power ballads, soft rock or those ‘I can’t get that song out of my head’ pop tracks.
“Everyone can relate with 80s music no matter what age they are, making it the perfect fit for a We Sing game,” says Nik Blower, Sales and Marketing Director at Nordic Games GMBH. “The tracklist is everything you would wish for on an 80s Greatest Hits album, it is crammed full of 80s magic that made the music of the decade so endearing.”
The full tracklist includes:
· Blondie – The Tide is High
· Sabrina – The Boys (Summertime Love)
· Culture Club – Do You Really Want to Hurt Me
· The Bangles – Eternal Flame
· T’Pau – China in Your Hand
· Dexy’s Midnight Runners – Come on Eileen
· Duran Duran – Rio
· Tiffany – I Think We’re Alone Now
· Queen – I Want to Break Free
· Toto – Africa
· Frankie Goes to Hollywood – The Power of Love
· Starship – Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now
· The Human League – Don’t You Want Me
· Sade – Smooth Operator
· Lionel Ritchie – All Night Long (All Night)
· Cameo – Word Up!
· Cyndi Lauper – True Colours
· Tears for Fear – Shout
· Yazoo – Only You
· Lisa Stansfield – All Around the World
· Paula Abdul – Straight Up
· Simple Minds – Alive and Kicking
· Baltimora – Tarzan Boy
· Kylie Minogue – I Should Be So Lucky
· Spandau Ballet – True
· Musical Youth – Pass the Dutchie
· Yazz and the Plastic Population – The Only Way Is Up
· DeBarge – Rhythm of the Night
· Smokey Robinson – Being With You
· Roxette – The Look
Fun for all the family, the singing series will continue to support up to four players together simultaneously using four separate microphones in any of the multiplayer modes.
Party mode includes We Sing, Versus, Group Battle, Pass The Mic, First to X, Marathon, Blind and Expert. There’s also Solo mode, which can also be played in Blind and Expert mode. Karaoke mode strips the track of vocals to really challenge players, or those that fancy an authentic karaoke experience.
Other features include Singing Lessons to help singers fine tune their voices and a Jukebox to queue up songs like their own personal music channel.
In-game awards can be achieved by playing either single or multiplayer modes, adding further depth and replay value to We Sing 80s. Plus, once a track has been sung, players can replay performances and add cool effects to their voice.
More points come thanks to Star Notes which provides extra points for hitting hard notes and Player Statistics give a detailed breakdown on performance on notes hit and missed with a comment on your performance at the end.