Akira Yamaoka and Jimmy Urine are amongst the musical artists performing for ‘Lollipop Chainsaw’s’ soundtrack.
What is the exact soundtrack to a zombie massacre? In scoring the upcoming game Lollipop Chainsaw, artist Jimmy Urine (of Mindless Self Indulgence) and Grasshopper Manufacture Sound Director Akira Yamaoka had to address these types of questions. When Juliet rips through a decaying zombie torso with her trusty chainsaw, would Sleigh Bells fit better than Sinatra? Or should it be an original composition? In this behind the scenes video, Jimmy and Akira discuss the various influences that go into scoring a game with such a strong visual and creative style and the aesthetic basis from which the soundtrack was compiled.
You can download the Scoring Behind the Scenes trailer here:
On top of the original music composed by Jimmy and Akira, there is a plethora of music licensed for the game as well. The full tracklist:
· Lollipop – The Chordettes
· Pac Man Fever – Buckner & Garcia
· Rock ‘N’ Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain) – Skrillex
· The Way of the Fist – Five Finger Death Punch
· Stop Reading, Start Doing Pushups – Destroy Rebuild Until God Comes
· Riot Rhythm – Sleigh Bells
· Turtle Crazy – Toy Dolls
· 1,000 Cigarettes – MSTRKRFT
· Heroes Of Our Time – Dragonforce
· Nemesis – Arch Enemy
· Needled 24/7 – Children of Bodom
· Mickey – Toni Basil
· You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) – Dead or Alive
· Empire State Human – The Human League
· Cherry Bomb – Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
· Speed – Atari Teenage Riot
Available on June 15th in the UK, Lollipop Chainsaw is the ‘un-deadly’ story of sweet and killer zombie-hunter Juliet Starling and her quest to uncover the root of a colossal zombie outbreak. With her wickedly awesome chainsaw in hand, Juliet slices, dices and splits her way through hordes of the undead, but soon realizes the horde is only the opening act to a festival of zombie rock lords determined to kill the chainsaw-wielding cheerleader. The game will be available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.