Harmonix and MTV Games today announced that in celebration of the much-anticipated release of Double Fine Productions’ Brütal Legend, distributed by Electronic Arts, a three pack of songs of the metal persuasion that are featured in the epic soundtrack to Brütal Legend will be added next week to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and Wii™. Tracks from Black Tide, Blink-182, Joe Satriani, Kansas and L7 will also be added to the Rock Band Music Store next week, and tracks from Pearl Jam and Foreigner will be available for download for Rock Band Unplugged on PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system.
Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 System and Wii
“Brütal Legend Pack” is being released day-and-date with Double Fine Productions’ Brütal Legend on Rocktober 13. The pack features “(We Are) The Road Crew ’08” by Motörhead, “The Metal” by Tenacious D and “More Than Meets the Eye” by Testament, all of which are also featured in Brütal Legend. For a limited time beginning Oct. 13, a free download code for “Brütal Legend Pack” will be included with the purchase of Brütal Legend, available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, from any Best Buy retail location.
“These are three great songs that totally capture the feeling of Brütal Legend. I can’t wait to play them in Rock Band,” said Tim Schafer, founder of Double Fine Productions. “I’ve air-drummed to all of them so many times, I’m sure I’ll be able to beat them on hard mode, no problem. Or at least on medium. Like medium plus. That’s a setting, right?”
Additionally, tracks from Black Tide, Blink-182, Joe Satriani and L7 will be added to the Rock Band Music Store next week, as well as two tracks from Kansas, featured on their Two for the Show double-sided album, originally recorded in 1978 and re-recorded and re-released in 2008.
Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Oct. 13) and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 15):
• Motörhead – “(We Are) The Road Crew ’08”
• Tenacious D – “The Metal”
• Testament – “More Than Meets the Eye”
• Black Tide – “Show Me the Way”
• Blink-182 – “What’s My Age Again?”
• Joe Satriani – “Satch Boogie”
• Joe Satriani – “Surfing with the Alien”
• Kansas – “Icarus (Borne on the Wings of Steel)” (Live from Two for the Show)
• Kansas – “Point of Know Return” (Live from Two for the Show)
• L7 – “Andres”
(All tracks are original master recordings)
These tracks will be available for purchase as “Brütal Legend Pack” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii.
Latest posts by Ben Taylor (see all)
- Dicey Exploits: Episode 4-[Forbidden Island & Forbidden Desert] - August 29, 2014
- P.T., TV and how I learned to love the ghost story. - August 26, 2014
- ‘Diablo 3’ finally condemns consoles with ‘Reaper of Souls’ expansion bolted on - August 19, 2014