Berlin, Nov. 28th 2008: Besides exciting PvE and PvP adventures, Runes of Magic offers lots of activities for crafters and traders as well. Players can accept gathering professions already in the starting areas, to collect materials for the crafting of weapons, armor, potions or nourishing meals. Later on, the professions of carpenter, blacksmith, armor crafting, alchemist, tailor and even cook are available. Alchemists mix potions, cooks prepare strenghtening food, carpenters and blacksmiths produce the best weapons in the country, while armor crafters and tailors are catering for the protection needs. Having taken the first steps in their profession, players can hire out as apprentice. Just like in real life, they can learn more than one profession in the fantasy-world of Runes of Magic and specialize later, depending on their interest. A new web article on the official website explains many more details: www.runesofmagic.com/en/crafting.html.
At first, the apprentice artisan has moderate skills only, but they are rising with each of his creations. Altogether, there are four ranks to master: apprentice, craftsman, specialist and master. The gathered resources can be refined into valuable items near the tools of the crafters. In the cities all of those tools are marked by a green arrow and the appropriate symbol for the profession. Crafters who’d rather want to work in the safety of their own home can build their personal workshop there or work in their guild house.
The magical runes that grant the world of Taborea their power can be combined by skilled craftsmen in the most different ways, taken apart into their components and integrated into manufactured products. That way, players can equip themselves with valuable items or earn a little extra money selling their crafted goods. It is even possible to extract attributes from one item and transfer them onto other items. This way, the most inconspicuous weapon can adopt the might of a powerful artifact or a gorgeous evening gown can be furnished with the resistance of an unsightly piece of armor. When the personal requirements are met, it may be advisable to boost the economy. The auction house is the right place to dispose of the produced surplus or to supply yourself with cheap resources.
Runes of Magic is currently in closed beta. Interested players can still apply for access to the beta test on www.runesofmagic.com. The ambitious MMORPG project is scheduled to go into open beta with further polishing and completely localized in the course of December.
Runes of Magic – a world full of wizardry and adventure
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free-to-play MMO games. Right from the launch Runes of Magic will convey its absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric world. Players can choose between six main classes. Combined with a secondary class they dispose of 36 individual character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PVP as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every three to four months with free add-ons and updates. MMO fans can find more information, pictures and videos on the official website www.runesofmagic.com.
Runes of Magic features
• Free2play, no monthly fees, free download
• Dual class system with switchable primary and secondary classes
• Enthralling background story
• Already over 1.000 quests and level comprehensive quest series on launch
• Instanced and persistent dungeons
• Individually developed skills and spells
• Armor sets with special bonuses
• Dynamic item system: Upgrades with hundreds of runes
• PvP system, to be activated with a PvP flag (Player vs. Player duels, arena combat, ranking system)
• Epic crafting system with the possibility to improve existing items
• Individual coloring of clothes and armor
• Housing: personalization with individual furniture for players and guilds
• Special zones for guild houses
• Reputation system
• Scalable user interface based on the users preference (development of your own add-ons possible)
• In-game map and radar system to easily find dealers, resources and quests
• Auction house: auction and purchase items
• Teleporting possibilities via runes, different and unique mounts
• Controlling with mouse (Point & Click) and keyboard (WASD or arrow keys) possible