In this tutorial, I take a look at the importance of musical theory, the major, minor and pentatonic scales. I focus on why the pentatonic scale is so great to learn, how to apply it in both major and minor and how to blend the two. I hope you find it helpful.
A pdf download of all the scale charts I used. http://yetanotherreviewsite.co.uk/downloads/Super-Simple-Start-to-Scales.pdf
Here are some of my favourite channels for learning guitar and music theory!
Paul Davis. Great teacher who has some brilliant stuff for beginners – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Oa7Ph3v94om5OyxY1nPKg
Marty Music. The man who taught me how to play little wing! – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmnlTWVJysjWPFiZhQ5uudg
Ross Campbell. Advice, lessons and more, just a great teacher – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9qqlLNMHO5v0Bv5ITiqCg
Rob Chapman. Not as much teaching these days, but dig into his past videos and there are some brilliant advanced lessons. His explanation of Modes is superb. – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCOIcdii1bQmfSPHeNNw4Qw
Stay in Touch
- Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/DaveRage
- Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/DaveRage
- Email – [email protected]
Also – a bonus video from my daughter – if you have kids who are into this stuff, please let them see it and subscribe!!
Latest posts by Andrzej Marczewski (see all)
- An Overview of the Upcoming ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ - August 13, 2018
- Eno Reverb: The Cheapest Reverb Pedal on eBay - August 6, 2018
- Anchor Drive from Hello Sailor Effects - July 30, 2018