Since it's release on 26th July, 'Spy Vs. Spy' has snuck into the wallets of hundreds, earning the top spot in the Top Paid iPhone®/iPod touch® App on Apple's App Store charts.
Named “New and Noteworthy” by Apple, “Spy vs Spy” zoomed to the top of the charts becoming the #1 Top Paid iPhone®/iPod touch® App and the #2 Top Paid iPad® App in the United States. “Spy vs. Spy” was also the #1 Top Paid iPhone®/iPod touch® App in Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, and Poland; and, the #1 Top Paid iPad® App in Australia, Canada, Finland, New Zealand, and Sweden.
Press and reviewers are full of praise for the revamped version of First Star software’s original “Spy vs Spy”:
- TechCrunch says, "if you still remember the sly snicker of the black spy as the white spy is blown sky high, it’s well worth the investment."
- "This new iOS version is a faithful recreation of the original and an excellent update at the same time," says InsideMobileApps.
- 148Apps says, "Robots and Pencils Inc. have done a wonderful thing. For fans of the original Spy vs Spy, the chance to play this game in a modern setting with updated graphics is awesome."
- "Spy vs Spy is a solid revamp for the new age of mobile devices that definitely brings back the memory of the original title. Fans of the original should go for it, while newcomers should try this out for sure ’cause this is a heck of a game," said iDroidPlay.
- "Spy vs Spy" was also awarded a Bronze Award by Pocket Gamer; Cult of Mac named it a Must Have; Gametrailers named it their App of the Day; and GamingUpdate made it their game of the week.
"Spy vs Spy", found here, is now available for iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPad® as a universal app, featuring the famous Black and White Spies from DC Entertainment’s MAD Magazine with online and local multiplayer matches, 16 new embassies (plus the original 8), and a pixel-perfect retro mode, as well as a modern mode. During a special launch promotion, for a limited time, “Spy vs Spy” is just 99 cents on the iTunes App Store, before it goes back to its regular price of USD $1.99.
Based on the original "Spy vs Spy" game, the iOS title brings back all the humor, action and fisticuffs that made the original an all-time, multi-million-unit-selling hit. This modern update takes the original gameplay as designed, developed, and published by First Star Software in 1984 for the Apple II, Atari 400/800 and Commodore 64, and adds HD visuals; support of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Apple’s GameCenter as well as four remixes of the original music and many other new features.
Got a news item, press release or article that you would like published?
Contact [email protected]
Recommended for You