The quest for glory continues in Amalur! EA, 38 Studios, and Big Huge Games unveiled The Legend of Dead Kel™, the first downloadable content (DLC) pack for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™, the critically acclaimed open-world action role-playing game. Featuring a mysterious tale of intrigue, danger and dark magic on the island of Gallows End, players will encounter shadowy characters and new enemies, and will experience a host of new side quests, treacherous battles and exciting new challenges. The Legend of Dead Kel gives players access to Gallows End, a gigantic new continent to explore where players claim ownership of a vast personal estate and experience new weapons, Twists of Fate and other perks against new enemies. The Legend of Dead Kel will be available starting on March 20, 2012 on Xbox Live, PlayStation®Network, Origin™ and Steam.
The Legend of Dead Kel DLC and the story of Gallows End will feature:
· An Epic New Questline – The Legend of Dead Kel is only part of the story of Gallows End. It intertwines with numerous side quests, multiple dungeons to explore and a colorful cast of characters
· New Enemies, Dungeons, Items – Multiple new enemies and enemy variants, a new dungeon type: Dverga Fastings, three new Twists of Fate, eight new armor sets, eight new shields and 18 new unique weapons
· The Ultimate Player Housing – Gravehal Keep is more than just player housing, it’s a massive estate with multiple buildings and a full retinue of retainers, each with their own back stories, side quests, perks and quirks
· Tons more to Explore – The Legend of Dead Kel DLC adds in more than 15% of additional land to traverse and explore in the already massively expansive world that is Amalur
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning has gained critical acclaim in its first weeks since launch. Claiming “Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning will be discussed when Game of the Year 2012 rolls around,” IGN scored Reckoning 9 out of 10.Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was brought together by a stellar team of creative minds that joined World Series Champion pitcher and founder of 38 Studios, Curt Schilling, including 24-time New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore who created Amalur’s 10,000-year history, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane who lent his signature visual style to the artistry of the game, and Ken Rolston, internationally celebrated game designer.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning brings open-world exploration and unparalleled action and combat together in the ultimate RPG experience. With near infinite combinations of destinies, abilities, weapons, items and special moves, players are able to customize their play experience to suit any play style. By reweaving their fate, they can retool and totally rebuild their hero in the midst of their adventure. Within Reckoning, players will immerse themselves in a world filled with extraordinary landscapes, mysterious cities, colorful characters and fantastic creatures exploring an entirely new universe where every building, tree, and creature has a clear and defined history.
Developed by 38 Studios, a subsidiary of Big Huge Games in Baltimore, Maryland and 38 Studios in Providence, Rhode Island, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is available now in North America and Europe for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Learn more about Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning by visiting www. Reckoning.com or follow us on Facebook (http://facebook.com/Reckoning TheGame) and on Twitter (http://twitter.com/Reckoning Game). Press assets for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning are available at www.info.ea.com
Latest posts by Ben Taylor (see all)
- Dicey Exploits: Episode 4-[Forbidden Island & Forbidden Desert] - August 29, 2014
- P.T., TV and how I learned to love the ghost story. - August 26, 2014
- ‘Diablo 3’ finally condemns consoles with ‘Reaper of Souls’ expansion bolted on - August 19, 2014