Deep Silver today announced February 10, 2012 as the release date for the action-adventure/puzzle mix Catherine. The perfect point in time for a rendezvous with either the game’s eponymous seductress Catherine or the protagonist Vincent’s long-time girlfriend Katherine – it’s the player’s choice!
Both the limited “Stray Sheep Edition” (containing the Rave-T-Shirt that Vincent wears in the game, two Stray Sheep bar-themed coasters, a Catherine poster that is exclusively available in this edition, all served in a pizza delivery box from the Stray Sheep Bar as packaging) and the standard edition will be released in Europe on this date. The “Stray Sheep Edition” of Catherine will have a price of £54.99, the standard edition will be available for £49.99.
Catherine will be released in PAL territories for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Catherine will feature localised text in French, Italian, German and Spanish.
Vincent likes his girlfriend. Katherine’s pretty, smart, and successful. Trouble is, she’s starting to talk about long-term commitment, something Vincent’s spent his entire life avoiding. Since romantic complications are the last thing he wants to deal with, Vincent meets his friends for their regular night of drinks. Little does he know that he’s about to be blindsided by a beautiful, seductive, irresistible freight train named Catherine. Suddenly, he’s hung over in bed next to the most beautiful woman he’s ever seen, unsure about the previous night’s events. Was it just making out, he wonders, or did something more serious happen between them? Should he tell Katherine? Will he ever see Catherine again? Vincent’s about to find that a stumble on the staircase of love can turn into a horrific, fatal plummet…
· The Horrors of Love – Vincent’s waking fears, doubts, pressures, and growing guilt about commitment and fidelity now gleefully follow him into his dreams, manifesting as horribly disfigured monsters and a ticking clock.
· Between a Rock and a Soft Place – The player must navigate Vincent through heavy moral decisions. As in real life, hardly anything is black and white. What is the value of honesty? What is the right thing to do? Either way, someone’s going to get hurt. Worse yet, someone could die.
· The Nightmare of Your Dreams – Under the watch of producer Katsura Hashino, acclaimed director of Persona 3 and Persona 4, famed character artist Shigenori Soejima and master composer Shoji Meguro create sights and sounds unlike anything else. As unforgettable and original as the game’s narrative, Catherine’s visual direction and musical score define and perfectly complement Vincent’s terrifying ascent into the dizzying perils of love.
· Escape With or From a Friend – Local competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes, in addition to leaderboards, ensure that the many thrills and horrors of racing through twisted stages can be enjoyed by more than one player and add hours of extra gameplay to the overall experience.
Latest posts by Andrzej Marczewski (see all)
- PGS – The first portable console for the PC games - January 15, 2017
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer - January 4, 2017
- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter Launch Trailer - June 10, 2016